Golf Cart Policies and Rules
Using golf carts at West Boggs Park is a privilege, not a right. Due to the increase of carts at the park, these policies have been implemented by the Park Board to keep the park grounds safe, the visitors safe, and protect our beautiful landscape.
Follow These Policies to Keep Your Cart
- It is $9 for a weekly golf cart permit or $40 for an annual permit (paperwork required for the annual permit)
- Golf Carts must either have a season permit sticker visible on the cart or riders must have a valid receipt showing payment.
- Check that you have a legally designated golf cart. We do not allow the use of ATVs, ORVs, or other similar vehicles in the park.
- Remember that carts are not allowed to have or use Positive Traction in the park.
- ONLY Golf Carts are permitted; no ATV’s, lawn mowers (other than mowing grass), or any other recreational vehicle is approved for use in West Boggs Park.
- Golf carts may only be operated by persons aged 16 or older with a valid driver’s license or state issued ID.
- Drivers must legally be able to bear financial responsibility for their actions while operating the cart.
- Under Indiana Law, it is a violation to operate any vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .08 or above.
- Golf carts may only be operated between 6AM and Midnight.
- All golf carts operating between sunset and sunrise must have at least one working white headlamp in front and two working red tail lamps at all times.
- Drivers must obey posted speed limits on park roads and not exceed 10 mph on designated trails.
- The number of riders cannot exceed the seat capacity of the golf cart.
- Drivers must obey any posted signage restricting or prohibiting golf carts in certain areas of the park.
- Drivers must not operate the carts recklessly or with disregard for the safety of the passengers or other persons.
- Carts may not be operated in such a manner that disturbs soil, grass, or other natural resources of the park.
- Golf carts must be maintained to prevent unnecessary noise, smoke, or other common nuisances. This includes keeping music volume turned low to respect other visitors’ experiences.
Persons in violation of these policies shall be subject to immediate removal from all department property and may be denied entry to department property indefinitely.
For a copy of our golf cart policies brochure, click here: Golf Cart Policies Brochure