Golf Cart Policies and Rules
- Golf Carts must either have a season permit stick visible on the cart or riders must have a valid receipt showing payment.
- ONLY Golf Carts are permitted; no ATV’s, lawn mowers (other than mowing grass), or any other recreational vehicle is approved for us in West Boggs Park.
- Must be operated by a licensed driver in possession of a valid driver’s license or be accompanied by a licensed parent, guardian, or other adult family member who is legally able to bear financial responsibility for the actions or failures of the unlicensed driver, who is seated in the front passenger’s seat with full access to all of the vehicle’s controls at all times, and who is not in any way impaired or unstable to maintain control of the vehicle and its operation at all times. Minimum age for non-licensed driver is 10 years old.
- Must NOT be operated between sunset and sunrise without showing at least one (1) white head lamp and two (2) red tail lamps at all times.
- Is maintained to prevent unnecessary noise, smoke, or other common nuisances.
- Is operated within posted speed limits when on park roads.
- Is operated at no more than 10 miles per hour when on designated trails and pathways.
- Is NOT operated in such a manner, or in such locations, as to damage or disturb soil, grass, or other natural resources of the property of the department.
- Is NOT operated recklessly, or with disregard for the safety of passengers or other persons.
- Golf Cart Operating Hours:
- 5:00AM to 11PM Sunday – Thursday
- 5AM – 12Midnight on Friday and Saturday and on legal holidays such as Memorial day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
- Under Indiana Law it is a violation to operate any vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .08 or above.
Persons in violation of these policies shall be subject to immediate removal from all department property and may be denied entry to department property indefinitely.