West Boggs Park opened its doors to the public in July 1972. This tremendous park is operated by the Daviess Martin Joint Parks & Recreation Department and has been self-sufficient since 1996! That means… we do not use any of your tax money to operate. We welcome any volunteers and enjoy partnering with community organizations to increase the activities in our communities.
West Boggs Park has ventured a long way from when it opened its gate. The most recent modification was the 2014 fishery renovation conducted by the IN DNR to eradicate the gizzard shad and other undesirable aquatic species. The lake was restocked and according to the latest DNR analysis performed in July of 2016, the fish are growing near triple the rate as normal! This is great news for our fishery and the next few years will offer some of the best fishing in the Midwest!
Our department has begun administering our new 2016-2020 Master Plan! The majority of these tasks were taken from public input via emails, surveys, meetings, and conversation. Following this plan will take our park to the next level of service and provide you with some of the latest recreational amenities and opportunities! The following list is some of the great services and amenities we offer along with some of the future projects:
- Our Activity Center and program staff provide excellent experiences for you and your children.
- If you forgot something, come to our campstore! Or if you want to get some ice cream, a cold drink, or one of our awesome new shirts, just swing on by!
- Our beach area has two volleyball courts, restrooms, and plenty of space to spread out and bask in the sun.
- We have a few miles of multi-use trails throughout the park! Ride your bike, walk, or take your golf cart!
- Try fishing from our 60’ fishing pier which is located near the beach area! This accessible pier allows all visitors the opportunity fish our lake!
- Check out our new Lively Lakefront Playground our beach area! It has a Zip line, and lots of other fun things for kids to play!
- Coming soon will also be some major campsite upgrades! We hope to have every site updated by the end of 2018.